You will go out “in the field” and take still photos. Your shot list should include examples of the following:
- Extreme Wide Shot or Long Shot (LS)
- Shows a broad view of the surroundings around the character and coveys scale, distance, and geographic location.
- Wide Shot (WS)
- Shows an entire character(s) from head to toe.
- Medium Wide Shot (MWS)
- Shows a character usually cut off across the legs above or below the knees.
- Medium Shot (MS)
- Shows a character’s upper-body, arms, and head
- Close Up Shot (CU)
- Shows a character’s face and shoulders.
- Extreme Close Up (ECU)
- Shows only a part of a character’s face, and fills the screen with the details of the subject.
- Rule of Thirds
- Proposes that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections.
You will then upload these photos to your Google Drive folder. Please create a folder inside your folder, and name it “Shot Composition. In addition, rename all of your photos (CU, ECU, MS, etc.). DO NOT EDIT YOUR PHOTOS. Try not to use the same subject for all of your photos.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE SUNDAY, JUNE 25TH.